Sip Hello to Fall With Our Sparkling Fig and Honey White Zin Cocktail
During the first few weeks of September, we slowly say goodbye to summer and transition into fall. Let’s make the changing of the seasons smoother with this White Zin cocktail that holds on to splashes of summer but also welcomes the sweet flavors of fall.
It’s sure to light up everyone’s eyes not just because of its inviting hues of fall but also because it’s made with everyone’s favorite Sutter Home White Zin. It’s a delicious way to welcome in the new season with the best of company.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 6 figs, cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup White Zin
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup high-quality apple cider
- Orange slices
- Combine the honey, water, and figs in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and whisk continuously until the honey is melted and the figs begin to soften.
- Add the thyme and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the honey mixture and use a food processor to blend the honey and figs into a smooth syrup.
- In a small pitcher, combine the White Zin, club soda, apple cider, and orange slices.
- Add two tablespoons of the fig syrup and stir.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with extra thyme and fig slices.
Already missing summer? Reminisce with our Daydreamer’s Dreamsicle cocktail here: https://goo.gl/SyGEAC