RECIPES: Recipe Details
Sweet-Hot Thai Burgers
This is a great burger to serve at your next party. It has a great fresh taste.
- 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Spicy Thai Kettle Chips, placed in a bag and smashed slightly
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
- 6 good-quality potato hamburger buns, split
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the mayonnaise, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
To make the salad, whisk the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, sweet chili sauce, ginger, cilantro, and basil in a small bowl. Combine the cucumber, red pepper, and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt, sweet chili sauce, green onions, and chip pieces in a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 6 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the cilantro mayonnaise over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a grilled patty, followed by equal portions of the Thai salad, add the top bun and serve.