RECIPES: Recipe Details
The First Date Burger
For the Patties:
-2 lbs fresh hamburger meat
-1 diced onion
-1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
-4 oz diced white mushrooms
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
-4 tablespoons black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-5 strips of bacon
For the Rolls:
-6 hamburger buns
-1 tomato thinly sliced
-6 washed lettuce leaves
-1 tablespoon of melted butter
1. Place the hamburger meat into a large mixing bowl and add the diced onions, mushroom and cheese. Hand mix together all the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Next add the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and salt into the hamburger meat. Stir the ingredients until they are all evenly mixed throughout.
3. In a nonstick pan, cook the bacon strips until it is lightly crisped on both sides. Break the bacon into tiny even pieces and mix it into your hamburger meat mixture.
4. Divide the meat into 6 equal balls and mold into patties by gently pressing the balls flat until they are approximately the size of your hamburger buns.
5. Cook patties on medium heat on the grill or a nonstick pan until they are cooked to your preferred doneness or the internal temperature is at least 160F/70C.
6. Before the hamburgers are done, split the hamburger buns and lightly butter the cut surfaces. Toast the butter side up on the grill or a nonstick pan until it is lightly brown.
7. Spread preferred condiments on the toasted side of the bun and add 1 lettuce leaf, 1-2 slices of tomato, 1 patty and the bottom half of the bun. Serve and enjoy!
*hamburger patties will shrink a little after cooking.