RECIPES: Recipe Details
The Everything Special Burger
This burger contains all-American ingredients that local cooks are cooking with.
* 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
Extra Special Sauce
* 1 (8-ounce) pkg. cream cheese, softened
* 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
* 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
* 1/2 cup chopped black olives
* 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
* 2 slices crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
* 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
* 6 poppy seed-topped Kaiser rolls, split
* 6 slices white American cheese
* 6 1/4-inch slices Fuji apple, cored
* 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
Stir sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 6 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the sauce over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a grilled patty, followed by a cheese slice, apple slice and a Bibb lettuce leaf. Add the top bun and serve.
Makes 6 burgers
This burger is a new family favorite! It has all-American ingredients in it like bacon, lettuce, tomato and American cheese. It also contains other popular ingredients used by modern American cooks. When you take the first bite, you'll know it's a winner!