RECIPES: Recipe Details
Orange Sesame Chicken Burgers
If you like the Oriental Orange Chicken dish, you'll love this burger!
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1 1/2 ts sesame oil
* 2 tb Mirin sweet cooking seasoning
* 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
* 3/4 ts crushed red chili peppers
* 1 tb roasted sesame seeds
* 1 orange -juiced and the peel scored into julienne strips then chopped (2 tb juice and 1 tb peel for the patties and 2 tb juice for the marmalade)
* 2 lbs ground chicken
* 2/3 cup panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
JALAPENO ORANGE MARMALADE
* 1 cup commercially prepared orange marmalade
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 tb Grey Poupon dijon mustard
* 2 tb juice from orange
* oil for brushing grill rack and pan for marmalade
* 6 Kaiser sandwich buns
* a 4oz package of spicy sprouts (clover and radish)
* your favorite Sutter Home wine-any amount you want to drink!
To make the patties, make a "marinade" of the soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, garlic, crushed peppers, sesame seeds, 2 tb juice from orange, and 2 tb orange peel and put into a 9X13 pan. Put ground chicken on top and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. After 1 hour, add 2/3 cup of panko and mix lightly. Form into 6 patties, cover and refrigerate again until ready to cook. Preheat a gas grill to medium. In a small bowl, mix the orange marmalade, chopped jalapeno peppers, dijon mustard, and 2 tb juice from orange. Oil an aluminum pie or cake pan and pour mixture into pan. When grill is ready, put pan on rack and cook until jalapenos are soft and marmalade bubbles, about 10 minutes. You may need to turn the part of the grill you are cooking on to low. Remove pan and set aside. Turn grill to medium/high. When grill is ready, brush rack with oil. Place patties on rack, cover and cook, turning once, about 5 minutes each side. During last couple minutes of cooking time, put buns, cut side down on outer edges of grill rack to toast lightly. To assemble chicken burgers, spread jalapeno marmalade on cut sides of buns. Spread some sprouts on each bun bottom and top with chicken patty. Put on bun top. Get yourself a glass of wine and enjoy! Makes 6 yummy chicken burgers
I make alot of chicken recipes, but have never used ground chicken. This is the first time I made a chicken burger. It inspired me to try more recipes using ground chicken. I loved the juiciness and texture of this burger. I'm not sure which Sutter Home wine to pair with this. I usually drink red wine, but I think white wine pairs well with chicken. I tried both and decided that I like all wine and you should choose for yourself which one you want to drink!