RECIPES: Recipe Details
Chipotle Glazed Mango Burgers with Spicy Jalapeno Slaw
This burger recipe incorporates the best of the fresh flavors of Mexico for an incredible twist on the American classic. Blended with sweet mango and bathed in a smoky chipotle glaze, the flavors of the burger are balanced perfectly with creamy avocado, queso fresco and spicy, crisp jalapeno slaw. Serve up with authentic tortilla strips and black beans. Una hamburguesa deliciosa!
1. 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2. 1 and a half tablespoons of brown sugar
3. 2 pounds of ground chuck (approximately 20% fat)
4. 2 firm-ripe mangos (chopped fine)
5. 1/2 teaspoon each of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper 6. 1/4 red bell pepper
7. 1/4 yellow bell pepper
8. 1 and a half jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped coarsely)
9. 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
10. 1/4 head cabbage
11. 1 and a half tablespoons cilantro (chopped fine)
12. 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
13. 1/2 tablespoon mayonaise
14. 1 ripe avocado (sliced thin)
15. 1/2 cup shredded queso fresco (may substitute mozarella)
16. 6 good quality white burger buns (sliced in half and lightly buttered)
1. Blend chipotle peppers (w/ adobo sauce) with brown sugar in blender or food processor until chunky-smooth. Set aside in medium bowl to be used as glaze during grilling. 2. In medium bowl, blend (with hands) ground chuck, minced mango, salt, and pepper. Pack gently (don't smash) into 6 burgers and place on a plate to be grilled later. 3. With food processor fitted with grating attachment, process red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, and cabbage. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and mayonaise (salt and pepper to taste). Set aside as topping for burgers once they're grilled. 4. Place burgers on a hot (450 degree) grill and use bbq brush to glaze heavily with chipotle/brown sugar glaze. Cook burgers until browning near edges and flip. Apply glaze to the other side of the burger. Continue cooking to desired doneness. 5. When burgers are nearly done, place buns (cut side down) onto grill and brown lightly. 6. Construct burgers in this order: Bun-sliced avocado in a single layer-burger-queso fresco-slaw-bun. Enjoy!
You've got to try this one. It's even better than it sounds!