RECIPES: Recipe Details
Beef Satay Burger
1-1/2 pound 75% ground beef (make into 6, ¼ pound patties)
I ½ tablespoon of minced lemon grass
½ an onion, finely chopped
2 pips of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp of turmeric
1 ½ tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1 cucumber, finely shredded
I onion, sliced thinly into rings
6 slices of Jalapeno cheddar cheese
6 Bulky Rolls
I cup of chunky peanut butter
1-1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 cinnamon stick
½ teaspoon of corriander
5 count of star anise
1) Preheat the grill to 450 degree
2) Combine all marinade ingredients in a food processor. Process till fine. Mix into ground beef and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, put all satay dressing ingredients and whisk till combined. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4) Shred cucumbers and soaked in ice cold water for 20 minutes. Drain. Slice onion into rings.
5) Form ground beef into patties. Placed patties on the grill, 2-3 minutes. Topped with cheese and grilled for another 3 minutes.
6) Place bulky rolls on the grill till it has nice charred marks
7) Placed patties on rolls, topped with cucumber, onions and satay sauce. Served.
Spicy, nutty beef burger served with refreshing crunchy cold cucumber and onions. A hot flavorful rendition of Thai and Malaysian's restaurant favourite. My take on my daughter-in-law's home country favorite.